Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cross-Eyed (Day 4)


Well another day of staring blankly at my screen with a lack of inspiration for the newest architecture project. I got home from school about 12pm today and, for the most part, have been here since. Its a real pain! I would work on a design for a good hour or so... stare at it for 10 minutes... then delete it out of frustration. I finally come up with a decent idea a few minutes ago, thats why I am taking a break. See! Not only writers have writer's block!

Its has kind of been a unproductive day, needless to say. I did however find a way to take my sketchup model from this last project and make appear 3-D by looking at it cross-eyed. I was very impressed with myself! Basically to make it appear this way, you stare blankly at it until you see 3 of the images... the one in the middle will be be the one you will see in 3-D.

Karen and I are getting even more excited for the trip to Spain coming up. We spoke with one of my professors who travels to Spain almost every year for some tips and interesting places to go. She suggested Lonely Planet's guide to Spain. Now I have a choice... buy the 2009 edition for about $20-30 or the 2007 edition for $1.78. I cannot believe the difference in the price just for 2 years! I don't know about everyone else but I just feel smart when I go shopping for books. I think in my whole life I have only purchased 20 books or so. More often then not I leave a bookstore with a big cup of coffee and nothing else!

From the last four days of this page, I think I am going to set a goal for myself... try to blog for a whole year! Its kind of fun. You get to sit down and reflect of each day of your life. It will be interesting though while we are in Spain. I am not sure what the internet connections are going to be like while we are there. It may be like America where every single cafe has to have wireless internet or else they will not stay in business. I know where we will be staying in Barcelona there will be internet, but we will see for sure when we get there!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment