Thursday, April 15, 2010

Almost Done (Day 18)

I am so proud of myself! Today has been a really productive day! I finally finished my floorplans for the housing project in Jacksonville. 190 ROOMS! And I had to work out EACH ONE! Next I get to work on some really cool landscaping for the plaza. Personally, I feel lucky that I have my own consultant on this subject - my AWESOME wife, Karen!

I also got to see a presentation of Photoshop rendering... Had a little chuckle with it, though . They had this woman come in from a local Landscape Architecture office because she was "so good"... I think knew just as much if not more about Photoshop and rendering. But hey, everyone else got something out of it.

This is actually something that Karen and I were talking about yesterday. One of the School of Architecture's professors, Derek Ham, is leaving to get his doctorate at MIT next semester. The only thing with this is that he is the only tenured professor at FAMU that knows about new technology and computers. He was the only professor that kept the school some-what up to date. But now, there is no one. Most of the professors don't even know how to use a computer! I end up telling them how to do even the little things in class. This being said, I was considering asking to teach a class on this next semester. I will keep you updated on this!

Well thats all that really interested me today! Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment