
Wow! One week down... many more to go! It is cool to think about it like this - if I keep up the blogs once a day for a year, by the end I will have graduated with my masters degree in architecture! A lot of things can happen in a year - heck, even in a week!
Well obvious today was easter! There was a really great band there today to signify the official grand opening of Genesis Church - Julian Drive. Couldn't find a recent picture of them... The guy in the stripe shirt wasn't there, I guess he was the drummer. I would have taken a picture while they played, but wow, its pretty awkward to pull out your cellphone in the middle of church sitting in the front and center! The band had a great energy about them... so much that they were able to wake me up (considering I didn't get my cup of coffee this morning!)
The service this morning was really cool too! It wasn't the typical resurrection sermon, but it was more focusing on the sins that Jesus died for. Pastor Brian spoke mainly about the whole Adam and Eve fiasco in the book of Genesis. All in all, Pastor Brian has it down - that is having the right sermon for the right day. For the last couple weeks he has been mentioning that Easter Sunday is the most attended Sunday of the year. Why not have that one week be awesome and with a story that the people actually know about. There is nothing worse than sitting through a sermon where the pastor keeps pulling random scripture that no one has ever heard before - it can get boring really quickly.
That being said, it is also nice getting a new spin on the Easter morning service. For the first 20 years of my life, every Easter morning has been the same - get up for the sunrise service which my old church holds outside at 6:30am(ish), the same song gets sung by this old guy (and yes, he sang it EVERY Easter of my life), from there we would go out and get breakfast somewhere with the family. There was once where I had my girlfriend at the time come with my and some friends came with us to breakfast, but thats about it.
This year has been really new for me! Not only am I married now, but we also have a great bunch of friends up here in Tallahassee. A couple from our church, Mike and Becca, invited a whole group of us together to their house to have a wonderful Easter potluck dinner. And wow! There was a lot of food and easily some of the best cakes I have ever had! One of the guests brought a chocolate cake that was probably the most chocolaty thing I have ever ate (and it was GREAT). But still, the best desert had to have been Justin and Ashley's signature pie which we can never get enough of!
After a big meal like that, Karen and I came home to do homework (or at least that was our plan). We just crashed as soon as we got home and woke up around 7pm. Since then we have (surprise!) been doing homework. 3 weeks to the end of the semester, and boy we can't wait till its all over and we can finally go to Spain!
No comments:
Post a Comment