Sunday, April 18, 2010

Drenched (Day 21)

Alright! Three weeks down!

And this is ridiculous! I forget whether or not I wrote it yesterday, but this work on sketchup is going SO slow. I have been working on it solid for 12 hours now... hence the late post tonight. The worst part of all that work is that there is still a good amount to do still! The image I have here is what I have done so far.

Even though I am frustrated that I don;t have that much done, I am quite pleased with the things that I did figure out today... one of them being the cool facade on the building in the center of the picture. It is this second skin that is applied to the building which will reduce the solar gain and make it a "greener" building.

Church went really well today also! Karen and my good friend Nicole was baptized today... the first one at our new church! Nicole, if you read this, we are so proud of you! It is so nice to see people get baptized so they can start their new life! I also like how Genesis (our church) calls getting being baptized here... they call it "Drenched". They do such a good job marketing everything there!

Now that it is 11:45 at night, all I need to do is force myself to stay awake to keep on working on my project. Because of there being so much information on that model for Jacksonville, my computer runs so slow. Simply saving the project takes a good minute to do. Sketchup always works fine until I get to this point - where I am adding the little elements like the doors, railings, furniture, windows, and stuff like that. Each one of those things has so much data associated with it, it just drags my computer to a near stop. To be honest, I decided to write this right now because Sketchup froze while exporting the rendering that I will be attaching to this blog. Its fun how it all works out in the end though!

Well thats about it for today, considering if I write for much longer it will be "tomorrow"!


No comments:

Post a Comment