But the trip was a lot of fun even though I had to give up the internet for a few weeks! The first thing that I always tell people first is how amazing the weather was! Can you believe that we actually saw snow while we were there? Yeah! Normally the country is in the 90's and freaking hot but there was a freak cool front from the Arctic. I don't think it hit 72 the whole time we were there! We found out that we definitely packed wrong. We both brought only one jacket for the flight. Karen and I ended up buying like three jackets a piece while we were there. If you look at the pictures that Karen posted on Facebook you'll see them all because that basically all that we wore!
We got to see a bunch while we were there, more so than the typical tourist. All in all we took the country like a local rather than the tourist. We didn't stay in any hotels while we were there (except for Valencia). We got to stay with family members and friends who all stayed just outside of the towns that we were to visit.
Hmm... you know what? I think I am going to leave it there for now and continue the story tomorrow. Until then!
No comments:
Post a Comment