Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day of Rest (Day 2)


Why can't days like this happen more often? Decided to "miss" class today and sleep in. The life of an architecture student is way to crazy... the hours at least. My body can't get used to the random hours that I am finally able to get to sleep. One night I am going to sleep at 9pm, the next night I crawling into bed around 3am. The next night I am falling asleep on the couch before I even have dinner (and eventually I wake up and then am stuck up until 4am)

The times aren't the only thing that my body can't get used to. The weather in Tallahassee has been all over the charts. Yesterday it was supposed to rain, now its cold, tomorrow it will be back in the 70's. Its really frustrating, actually. You don't know what to dress for anymore. Typically I ask my wife what the temperature is like when she takes the dogs out in the morning. She normally says, "its cold" or something in those lines. I'll then check what its like out on the porch and its still cold. By the time we get in the car and get to school we are already taking off our jackets for the day.

From anyone else's point of view this may be a normal thing, the change in temperature and all, but I am from south Florida! Christmas is normally 80 outside! Like this year, my wife and I went to my parent's house (in south Florida) for Christmas and we went to the beach and got seashells! How awesome is that?

I digress...

After finally crawling out of bed this morning and dragging myself to the notebook, I helped my wonderful wife with some flyers for the upcoming ASLA week at FAMU (yes, a bunch of acronyms!) It is so nice working on productive things that actually aren't productive for myself but to help others! I found the really cool vector landscape on Google earlier today, I have to give them credit!

Finishing that up I realized that I had a choice of what to do next... either work on my homework or go outside to enjoy this wonderful day. Big surprise! Went on a bicycle ride from my place to a church up the street from my house. Little did I know how unbelievably out of shape I was! We just got our bicycles back from my parents a week ago when we saw them for my mother's birthday. Before that it could have been 7 years since I have done any real riding. Needless to say, I was hurting by the time I got back from this 6 mile bicycle ride.

To sum up the rest of the day from there quickly, I came home, took another nap with my wife when she got home from school. Amazing to say the least! From there I went to church to the youth group, Diverge, where I am a "sponsor" (their name for one of the leaders). It was great tonight! There was a really good turnout.

Now that I have exercised my fingers, I am off to craft a model for tomorrow design class which, again, I have left for the last second. Tomorrow I will be sure to add a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment